We are very much aware that choosing your child's nursery as parents can be a tough decision, we understand this as parents ourselves. There are many things to consider when choosing childcare for your little one. First of all will they settle ? What will they be doing at nursery? Will they be safe? Am I doing the right thing as I have never left him/her before? These are just some of the many worries faced by most parents. In Hedgehogs we want to do our very best to ease these worries and help you and your child to feel at home with us.
Our school is recognised for it’s calm, supportive and nurturing atmosphere whilst offering a bespoke curriculum focussed on the needs of all our pupils.
But before you come and visit we can answer just a few of these questions to get you started;
- Our nursery is bright and welcoming, we encourage independence and have access to two wonderful outside spaces of our very own plus we share the Primary schools fields and playground, forest and woodland areas that we often visit.
- We have flexible settling in arrangements. We want to make your child feel safe and secure at their own pace. We would not expect you to bring your child in on their first day and leave immediately! Each child is different, we can work with you and your child to ensure you are both happy.
- Our environment is safe and secure with a good range of equipment both indoors and outdoors. Our notice board will tell you all about their day when you pick up but of course the staff are happy to fill you on the fun too! We also upload their progress and pictures of what they have been doing onto an online learning journal for you to see. We will always be sure to take pictures for you on their first day!
- Our staff are happy, comfortable, calm and confident and have wonderful relationships with the children. We are also all trained in relevant childcare qualifications above level 5 to Early Years Teacher Status and hold First Aid Certificates.
- We work with you as parents in partnership, recording your child's activities and achievements. You are all an important part of our team too!
I am sure that does not cover all your questions so please, send us an email, give us a call, book a visit to come and see us. We would love to see you and your child!
Steph Cross - Early Years Practitioner